The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all!

I have been selling my CRS on the forum now for about a month, but only by word of mouth and via my journal thread. I've had a number of happy buyers and finally got all of the supplies ready to start shipping on a larger scale. There is no minimum order, but shipping is $19 (within the lower 48, overnight with a no DOA guarantee).

EDIT: There will also be a $10 shipping option that will go 2-day air and will not include a no DOA guarantee.

I don't have any fantastic CRS pics but will take and post some at your request. Here are a few shots of them and their tank:

I'm also happy to answer ANY questions you have about the shrimp themselves, water quality, etc., so feel free to ask.

They are the offspring of grade A parents and only the best of the babies get sold to you (the lower grades are sold to a LFS).

Thanks for looking!

Sol

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey delevan,

Are they hard to maintain? No. Do they prefer specific water conditions? Yes.

My tank is currently:

KH: 6
GH: 8
PH: 6.8

They can handle a wide variety of water conditions, but prefer softer, acidic water. Water quality is very important in breeding. Weekly water changes are a must, IMO.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Color and Haeun, thanks for the testamonials! :proud:

Here are some close-up pics with indications of the quality of shrimp you'll receive:

Thanks,

Sol

·
Registered
477 Posts
Color and Haeun, thanks for the testamonials! :proud:

Here are some close-up pics with indications of the quality of shrimp you'll receive:

Thanks,

Sol
Don't treat the lower quality shrimp like they're not good enough. I love my C grade CRS just as much as my A grades.

I'm sure someone would snatch up your "lower" grades for $3 - 4 each unless your lfs offers more. ;)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't treat the lower quality shrimp like they're not good enough. I love my C grade CRS just as much as my A grades.

I'm sure someone would snatch up your "lower" grades for $3 - 4 each unless your lfs offers more. ;)
Cydric, you're absolutely right. I enjoy watching my lower grade CRS just as much as the higher grade ones, I just wanted people to know that they're getting their money's worth and I'm not going to send the Bs advertised as As.

The LFS is taking quite a few but if I have leftovers, I'll gladly sell them here cheaper. :)

Will you be offering more of these in the future(say, next couple/few weeks)? I'm a little strapped for cash right now, but would love to put a few of these beauties in my tank.
sethsmom, I have a pretty solid breeding colony now, so I will definitely have more down the road. The timing might not be perfect (i.e. you might have to wait another week or two for them to get large enough to ship) but there are plenty to go around. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Aw man! I'd love to take some off your hands but my tank isn't "quite" ready for shrimp yet. If you have some left in a week or two I'll be up for maybe 3-5 of the good looking ones. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.