The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Your choice of 1 small culture of microworms plus one small culture of vinegar eels, or 1 large culture of your choice shipped to you for $8. Yeast packets available for an extra .50 each. Please request them at the time you order and the total will be adjusted accordingly.

I can also send out a large microworm culture along with the yeast and oatmeal needed to start your own big culture, or I can do the large culture of Vinegar Eels and send you the apple and vinegar. Just add your water and container and it will establish quite quickly. For $15 I will ship you a large culture along with what you would need to get either of your cultures started. All you will have to do is add your container and water, and assemble. I will include all the needed instructions on how to prepare and set up your new culture. Comes from a VERY mature culture purchased here on TPT from crisnif, so I'm sure you will be pleased. Just review my Live arrival guarantee!

Price is shipping included by money order, in a flat-rate priority box along with Shipping Confirmation and a Live Arrival Guarantee!* Would trade on some Koi Angels as well, or Assassin Snails, maybe other things besides plants. Have enough of them, lol.

These worms are pretty hardy, and were shipped to me in more severe weather. Our weather now is perfect for shipping these, so I anticipate NO problems.

*Live Arrival Guarantee= I will re-ship you another culture, minus the vinegar and apple or the yeast and oats (depending on which culture you buy), free of charge to you in the event that something goes wrong and the worms do not survive. You must send me the defective culture back, then the new one will be shipped. You are responsible for return shipping, I accept responsibility for the re-ship. Guarantee applies to ALL sales listed by me for fry foods.
No PayPal! I only accept MONEY ORDER!!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Oops, sorry bout that, just copy and pasted ad from a saved page I had before I took it off the other site. Has been fixed, or will be right after I get done posting this:) Thanks for letting me know that, it is appreciated. Package may be sold, SALE PENDING!! Thanks every one, and TPT.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
hahaha! the plant police strike again LOL

violators will be sent to water weed prison and they're CO2 cutoff. :icon_eek:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahaha! the plant police strike again LOL

violators will be sent to water weed prison and they're CO2 cutoff. :icon_eek:

:hihi: It is really hard to keep up on all the different species and the legalities of each. Still don't understand why this beautiful plant is on that list. Compared to most of the weeds I see in the world, this would be a welcomed addition. I love it: It is really easy to grow under almost any condition (which is undoubtedly the reason this is on the list in the first place), the colors are awesome ranging from white with pink veins to a solid red color under high light with a nice green in between, and when I get a new bulb for my tank I think this plant is going to make an awesome centerpiece (kept cut low and compact)in the middle if all that green moss.

Either way I, sadly, I will not be sharing this beautiful plant with other members unless we should ever meet in person. I'll have some in a month, so if anyone wants a reason to visit the Smoky Mtns, come on down and get some:icon_roll

·
Registered
175 Posts
I used to play down regulations regarding plant species trading yet as I get involved in the meaning of all those restrictions I reached a point where I was able to see the big picture. I needed help from members of another aquatic plant forum to realize I was wrong.

Yes I'm guilty of keeping a narrow tunnel-vision view on this subject for years but the truth is that some plant species represent a major threat to our wildlife and we should do our part.

I received a little stem of Hygrophila polysperma that came hich-hicking with other plants. That species is probably one of the fast growing plants I've seen. I use it in some tanks yet it's not hard to visualize the harm a plant like this can cause to native flora when introduced.

We do a good service to the hobby when we encourage others to respect the law. It's not there just out of ignorance (even if I don't understand why) and I put other people at jeopardy with the legal system when I "bend the limits" or overtly brake the law.

Good for you Bahugo to point it out (you could have done it in a warmer way but that's another subject) and even better good for you tonytrout to remove that from your offerings.

Pepetj
Santo Domingo

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I've done the research several times and no longer bother with it.
Posted several lengthy comments containing the current regulations at the time.

Sunset is a class II in my state and that varies elsewhere.
If the State or the Fed can't make a buck or mess it up they ban it.
The Army Corp. of Engineers and several other agencies have intentionally done more harm than 99% of the hobbyists ever will.

& ***Remember*** with trimmings not used to either nuke them in the micro to mush or bag and properly trash them away from open water or a source of transport.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Here they are, waiting for you!!

Well, I won't be nuking these. As long as I can give them to someone I will not let it go to waste. If not they go into the compost bin. This is one of my favorite plants and it sickens me to have to do that, but I will not contaminate the weeds in East Tennessee:) Thanks all for the information.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.