The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
If I only lived closer...sigh

Nice lookin' fish...that's a heck of a deal for good shape and color!

They're not too hard to keep happy...a planted tank with discus is definitely dooable (in one year, I've at least a dozen members have successful planted discus tanks). Its breeding them and raising successful offspring that their fickle water parameters are needed.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they are real nice
Thanks for the compliments guys! They are very nice fish that were bought from a local breeder here in Ct.

Another reason is my RT's are wanting to spawn, but there are just to many fish in there to allow that. If I have to I will buy another tank, but I would rather they went into someones planted tank. The lfs here will take them, but they will just die in those noxious tanks they keep.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
discuss is not that hard to keep, just make sure your water is already stable, nice discuss :proud:

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
Please dont send a pm asking if I will ship. It will cost more to ship them than what I am asking for the fish. The only way to ship is fed ex overnight. I have never shipped fish before and do not want to be responsible for them being lost in shipping.

Sorry
Mark
Let me know if you do not get any offers. I will send you shipping materials and since I work for FedEx, shipping costs will not be an issue.....DC

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can house 10 discus in a 55. just do a 40 - 50% water change every day. Do you have the time for that?

Even if you did the 40-50% water change every other day your still good to go.
Who has time for that? I sure don't. I'd love to try Discus some day, but that much of a water change so often, I sure couldn't deal with [I know thats to keep 10 of them in the tank].

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can house 10 discus in a 55. just do a 40 - 50% water change every day. Do you have the time for that?

Even if you did the 40-50% water change every other day your still good to go.
Its not that I cant do it, its the fact that I dont want to. They are squabbling a little bit to much to allow spawning. They have danced a couple of times, but then go back to chasing each other out of there pretty confined space at the moment.

I do 70% WC everyday now. I want them to get huge an well shaped. This wont happen if I leave all 10 of em in the 55G. Some will get runted, an I dont want this to happen.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Hey Mark - Please do what is best for you, and for these fish! But I've seen the tanks and fish at Al Sabetta's house... these fish are as good as discus get IMO - within reasonable limits. Coming from Al they are astoundingly healthy, and of excellent confirmation (shape, size, breeding, heredity...). So what you are offering here is one KILLER good deal.

So now that I've said that, as you know my recently busted tank is too full and can't take more fish. But I'm also strongly considering a larger tank, and these fish would be GREAT, if I had more room. All I'm gonna ask, is that as a fellow CT neighbor, please give me a call before you let this good deal go. If at the time the you need to sell them, I know I've found a bigger tank, I'll run (not walk) to your place to pick up such excellent specimens! :thumbsup:

I'd be proud to have such fish in my tank (if there is room.)!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Mark - Please do what is best for you, and for these fish! But I've seen the tanks and fish at Al Sabetta's house... these fish are as good as discus get IMO - within reasonable limits. Coming from Al they are astoundingly healthy, and of excellent confirmation (shape, size, breeding, heredity...). So what you are offering here is one KILLER good deal.

So now that I've said that, as you know my recently busted tank is too full and can't take more fish. But I'm also strongly considering a larger tank, and these fish would be GREAT, if I had more room. All I'm gonna ask, is that as a fellow CT neighbor, please give me a call before you let this good deal go. If at the time the you need to sell them, I know I've found a bigger tank, I'll run (not walk) to your place to pick up such excellent specimens! :thumbsup:

I'd be proud to have such fish in my tank (if there is room.)!
Hey Steve...Thanks for the kind words! I had someone interested in them, but havent heard anything back. I am leaning towards just gettin another 55G tank an just splittin them up.

Like I was tellin ya on the phone, its hard gettin rid of em when they come up an lay in your hand an let ya pet em.

Hope ya get another tank set up soon! By the sounds a things these fish will be adults by the time that happens...:biggrin: :icon_wink

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.