The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5+ stems Wisteria (hygrophilia difformis)
5+ stems Red Hygrophilia sp.(? not sure) - very red
2 stemlets Bacopa australis
5 unknown stem plant in upper right of picture (Hydrocotyle leucocephala or Cardamine lyrata not sure. Grows fast and has pretty flowers).

WYSIWYG:
the red hygro stems in center are about 8" for size reference

Also included (not pictured, sorry took photo too soon and forgot to retake before packing plants):

Golf ball size of Peacock moss
4 Rotala macandra "Green"
2 small Corkscrew vals

$13, including shipping (USPS priority mail).
Payment via non-CC paypal only.
I'd like to get this out tomorrow because I'm already going to post office.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
I should have some more peacock in a few weeks, it is growing nicely for me.
Just so you know, peacock is an inaccurate common name. It is the same thing as spikey moss. and since Spikey moss was coined first it should be called that.

Head over to killies.com if you're interested in the manner:proud:

-Andrew

·
Registered
889 Posts
Just so you know, peacock is an inaccurate common name. It is the same thing as spikey moss. and since Spikey moss was coined first it should be called that.

Head over to killies.com if you're interested in the manner:proud:

-Andrew
If you guys are interested in
Peacock Moss - Taxiphyllum species "Peacock" checkout this site.:bounce:

·
Algae Eater
3,182 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have spikey and peacock and they look different. they may be the same species, but so are chihuahuas and greyhounds.... doesn't mean they are the same thing or look at all alike.

~ joel

·
Registered
974 Posts
btw, my guess is that the unknown plant is Cardamine....Hydrocotyle propogates by runners, which from what I can see that plant does not....a closeup pic would be helpful....

but I agree....nice package for the price :)

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks hooha, yeah must be cardamine, it is a stem plant, never runners. damn LFS... i know more than them about plants, and i'm still basically a noob.

and please stop talking about how nice my package is. my wife is getting jealous. ;)

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
According to this site they are 2 different species. Ist this site run by the same guys that is on killies.com? Aquatic Moss. How to grow Aquatic Moss. Info on Java Moss, Christmas Moss, Taiwan Moss, Peacock Moss, Stringy Moss
Yeah Dr. Tan Biento is the one who Loh K L is friends with... Maybe he is just not updating his site... Loh has written a few good long topics on this on what the Dr. has found. Basically there isn't any difference at the microscopic level and thats what you ID a moss by, since they can grow in different forms. So It Peacock is Spikey since they don't have a location of origin and it will be impossible to tell if they're different if they don't have one.

Oh, and the package looks nice :hihi:

-Andrew

Sorry for going off topic:icon_neut

1 - 13 of 13 Posts