The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(there was not enough room to post all pics, so please shoot me a message or email me at josho923 AT aol DOT c o m for more pics, info, etc.)

Up for sale are multiple different pieces of "driftwood" to add an interesting flare to your fish tank or aquarium! These pieces were formerly trained as bonsai trees (which is one of my hobbies) but didn't make it. None of them have ever been treated with any pesticides or chemicals that could harm your fish/livestock. I use dead trees from my collection in my tanks without a problem. For all of these trees, I will trim up the excess growth that makes them look out of proportion, etc., they just need to be "cleaned up" a little bit for the visual illusion to work well.

- Swamp-dug Bald Cypress Tree #1 (dug from the swamps of Louisiana a few years ago and then trained as bonsai, this would sell alive for $500+, just google it!) - the branches, once soaked, can be bent with wire for the effect you want: $100
- Swamp-dug Bald Cypress Tree #2 (dug from the swamps of Louisiana a few years ago and then trained as bonsai, this would sell alive for $350+, just google it!) - the branches, once soaked, can be bent with wire for the effect you want: $75
- Swamp-dug Bald Cypress Tree #3 (dug from the swamps of Louisiana a few years ago and then trained as bonsai, this would sell alive for $150+, just google it!) - this tress is very interesting in that a portion of the inside of the tree was naturally hollowed out in the wild before I collected it, so that would make a create hiding place/cave for some small fish and would offer a lot of options on carving this piece before going into the tank; the branches, once soaked, can be bent with wire for the effect you want: $35
- Chinese Elm Tree - this could be a centerpiece for a nano/smaller tank and you could grow moss on the branches, etc.; nice trunk sway and incredible, delicate branching: $35
- Campeche Tree #1 (from Puerto Rico, paid well over $150 for this tree while alive) - gorgeous nebari, fluting, taper, and branching: $40
- Campeche Tree #2 (from Puerto Rico, paid $85 for this tree while alive) - nice little tree for a smaller tank, good branching and taper: $25
- Bald Cypress 11-Tree Forest Planting - could create a nice effect of depth in a mid-sized tank, for fish to dart in between the trunks: $15
- unknown tree type (this was a tree I had dug up a while ago and was training) - nice nebari and trunk, branching: $10

I can do discounted pricing if you buy more than one piece. I also sell aquarium plants and have some random fish, equipment for sale, too.
Pickup is most ideal, and I can meet in MA, RI, CT, NH, etc. Shipping these would probably cost a decent amount and would thus up the price unfortunately.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts