The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Crypt Hudoroi $45 SHIPPED All plants are about 3" tall from base to leaf tip.

Plant #1 S O L D

#2 S O L D

roots

#3 S O L D

roots

Shipping:
USPS Priority **NO DOA guarantee** mind your weather. However, I do ship with a styro lined box for precaution and I pack extremely well. Ask anybody who've bought from me ;).

Thanks for looking! :thumbsup:

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What water parameters do you have this plant in?
Straight RO water, nothing fancy. I'm a simple man who does simple things. I never measure water parameters unless I'm planning to keep an expensive fish that requires specific water parameters to live. Generally what I do for soft water plants: dump them in RO water, AS, lights, CO2, and do 20% wc every other week. That's it! Dose ferts as needed by looking at the plants. Do take this with a grain of salt because I know most folks would disagree with my "ignorance" lol.

Maybe I'm just lazy?

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How well does the Crypt Nurii Pahang Mutated do 10" from 27W of PC(in a Mr. Aqua 11.4g)
Thanks
It's an easy crypt to grow. Low light, high light, it's not picky. The only difference will be the appearance. In really high light the veins get RED while the leaves get brownish red, orange, and green all at once. In low light, the leaves stay a darker green and no red veins. I can't say for PC lighting since I've never used them before.

Let me know if you wanna try it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
FYI, I'm growing it in a low tech mini-m (can check out the journal in my sig) with ADA AS Ammazonia and a walmart desk lamp with a 13w spiral PC bulb. Even though it's lower light (can't use the normal WPG equation w a small tank like that) it displays beautiful red coloration.

I think a nutrient rich substrate Abd softer water are the most important things to have.

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Brandon,

Could it be you've got your cfl bulb directly over the plant? Plants grow differently in all sorts of conditions so I wouldn't be surprised.

Nutrient rich substrate I agree on, but this plant actually thrives in my liquid rock tap. I've never grown it in soft water but if you say it likes it, I'll take your word for it.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.