The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Drop checkers. Don't guess you have enough co2 in your tank. Be sure.

Hand made 100% in the US Acrylic Drop checkers.
Checker reads green when you are at 30ppm.

If you take the levels too high the regent changes to yellow. And if you need to add more CO2 its blue.
It dosen't get any easier then this.

Included is the Drop Checker.
1/2oz of regent. Each fill takes only a few ml. Commerical Drop checkers only give you 10ml. This bottle will last you a long time.
Also included is an eye dropper to make filling the DC easier. However you can step it up and use a syringe to fill and empty them. (I do not provide syringes however you can get them at your local pharmacy.)
And a extra co2 key.
Paypal your payment to
[email protected]

10.00 each kit +FREE SHIPPING!

PLEASE Make sure to include your Forum name and what side of the tank you would like the dropper set up for.
And also send me a PM to let me know.
Failure to do so may delay your order.

(Facing tank- Left/Rear/Right)

·
Registered
517 Posts
it's a bit difficult to understand how they work from that one picture:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/Blacksunshine420b/Aquatic sale items/DCkit.jpg

in all those pictures, it looks like it's missing a "lid", is it just so clear i do not see it? otherwise i don't know how this works hahaha :) and what does it matter which way they face? did some just look better than others on certain sides? :) and lastly, do we add this regent to 4kh water or is this a ready to use mix?

eitherway i would like one :) and it will be on the rear wall i think..

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is totally sealed except the contact/filling hole on the bottom. I used acrylic all the way around to ensure a airtight seal.
Placement is totally your preferance. All depends on where you intend to tuck it in the tank.
The mix is ready to go. This is everything you need to get rolling. It is a full kit add the regent directly into the checker.

You take the droper to the regent fill it into the hole on bottom of the Checker.
I designed them so if you tilt them face down you can fill it easier. And with a syringe this design makes it easy to empty it as well. Tho the eye dropper can be manipulated to ge tthe job done as well. But its really a moot point since the regent lasts quite a while.

·
Registered
803 Posts
So we don't have to make 4dkh water to add the reagent to? The bottle of mix you include has both the 4dkh water and the reagent? (That's why it's blue?) Cool! If so, I'd like one, too, BS. That's an awesome price for all that!

I've been reading about drop checkers and they seem like awesome little doodads. I've put one on my future want list as I'm not ready for a regular one right now. I don't have the KH test to make the 4dkh water and am just doing DIY CO2, so didn't want to spend $20+ then go get distilled water, etc., for something I couldn't really use. But if your kit has everything all ready to go, then at that price I'll be happy to get one. :biggrin: It'd be nice to see just how much CO2 I'll be getting in the tank water.

For anyone else who wants to know how these things work, go read this thread about drop checkers. You'll also see how much work goes in to making one of these.

·
Registered
663 Posts
If you have any left, I'd like two:icon_smil . PM sent

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well thank you all! yes these kits are ready to use. you don't need to mix anything or measure anything. No rigging of weird stuff or hacking of little bottles. or anything. This is all inclusive!

Now for the bad news. All that I have premade are possibly spoken for as well as the next batch.
I was not expecting such overwhelming demand and only premade about 10. So I need to get busy to fill these orders. I will have more avalible later this week.
If you've messaged me prior to this post, Don't worry you are in and accounted for.

now for bad/good news. I decided. (maybe 3 min ago.) that due to the heavy demand I need to get some of the parts pre cut. this does increase the cost just slightly. So I have raised the price .50 to account for the new materials.
this will allow a nicer looking checker as well allow me to fill these orders quicker then If I had to do everything by hand.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For those of you that I have responded to and have not yet sent payment. Please tell me your Fourm name and reiterate to me what side you want it fixed for in your paypal payment details.

·
Registered
803 Posts
BS, I don't need mine for another week or two (don't have my CO2 up and running yet, and won't for a bit), so you can send mine out to someone else who could use it asap. I'll wait and get one when you get the next batch done.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
A 50 cent increase for something like this is nothing!

If I were using pressurized CO2, I would have bought one in a heartbeat. Look for an order from me in the near future. Looks like a SOLID product you are offering at a fantastic price.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The drop checker itself doesn't care how the CO2 got into solution, DIY, pressurized, magic, etc... it will measure CO2 concentration in water.

Because you cannot adjust the CO2 infusion rate (without adding more bottles) with a DIY system, it might not be worthwhile other than to tell when the bottle is tapering off - which you should be able to tell by looking.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Just curious, and an important question on whether I'd be buying one.

What are its dimensions? I'm guessing its pretty small compared to other commercial drop checkers. But I'd like an exact idea of what I'll be getting.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Interested in this question as well.

I"ll take two if still available
It's pretty acurate. I use these in my own tanks.

Just curious, and an important question on whether I'd be buying one.

What are its dimensions? I'm guessing its pretty small compared to other commercial drop checkers. But I'd like an exact idea of what I'll be getting.
They are 1 3/16" tall and 3/4" across. and then you add the suction cup to whatever side you have it on.

As of right now I have a few checkers made. My problem is I am out of soloution. I have everything but my scale that I use to measure out the mix isn't working. so tomorrow i have to scour the local head shops for one. Anyone know where I can get a scale accurate to .01g in the seattle area for cheap?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's pretty acurate. I use these in my own tanks.

They are 1 3/16" tall and 3/4" across. and then you add the suction cup to whatever side you have it on.

As of right now I have a few checkers made. My problem is I am out of soloution. I have everything but my scale that I use to measure out the mix isn't working. so tomorrow i have to scour the local head shops for one. Anyone know where I can get a scale accurate to .01g in the seattle area for cheap?
No, but when my daughter needed a precise scale for her science fair project, we got it from toplinedigitalscales. Not sure if those are good prices...

1 - 20 of 314 Posts