The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Are these real?
15,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my Canon Powershot G3, as I am upgrading to DSLR. This is probably a good deal for someone starting out in digital photography, and looking for a more sophisticated camera than the regular pocket-size P&S model. All the pictures I posted during the last 3 years were taken with this camera.

Review can be found here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canong3/

Bought it for around $600 iirc. I am selling it for $200. It is in great condition, except for a stuck pixel which is visible when you take night shots (additional star ;)).

For another $50, I am selling all the equipment that I collected over time. Besides the camera, manual, battery, charger, USB transfer cable, software, and a couple of 256MB CF cards, you would get

1) a LensMate which allows you to use various filters and closeup lenses, which also protects the optics (I left it in place permanently, with a UV filter to keep dust away from the lens).

2) a UV filter

3) a circular polarizing filter

4) a set of close-up lenses for macro photography

5) an external flash Canon Speedlite 200E which goes on the camera hotshoe and extends the range of the built-in flash. The clear plastic window of the flash is chipped, but the flash works well.

Plus I am throwing in a mini tripod, not pictured.

Please pm me if you need further info or if you are interested.

·
Registered
328 Posts
So you're buying a nice Canon DSLR? I wonder what model. Planted tank mania leads straight to DSLR mania. I know which one is more expensive.

The G3 is a nice model camera and I am sure someone would be pretty happy with it.

·
Are these real?
15,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol Rossi, nice to have you back! I just bought a 20D, brand new for $650 :hihi:

Pineapple, you are right, the camera is just part of it, of course you need a bunch of nice lenses as well. :help:

The image quality of the G3 is very good. I just bought my son a cheap Fuji, and the quality is awful. On a scale of 1-10, the Fuji is probably a 3-4, the G3 an 8, and the 20D has the capacity for a 9, depending on the lens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts