The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm thinning out my C. nurii "bush" so I have some for sale.

Larger plants (6+ leaves) - 5 available $6 each
Small plants (4-6 leaves) - 6-7 available $3 each PENDING

Also have some Trident Java Fern available. - $25 for the bunch. PENDING
Not sure why but all the leaves don't exhibit the "trident" trait, but they are all on the same rhizome. Could be my water conditions.

I'm thinning out some Philippine Java Fern as well.
Pic came out sideways... Here goes from top left to right (A-E)
A - $20 (larger leaves)
B - $10
C - a ton of little plantlets - $1 ea plantlet (the two stragglers below are included in this bunch)
D - $35 largest continuous pieces that I have PENDING
E - $20

Sorry for the horrible blurry pics.

$6 USPS Priority shipping. Paypal accepted only (as personal > gift). PM if interested or if you have questions.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That doesn't look like Cryptocoryne nurii. That looks like a wendtii variant. Can you positively ID this? Perhaps your source?
I started fresh on my crypt collection (got rid of any and all crypts I could not positively ID). I received them as C. nurii and that's what I'm selling. I got these from a reputable source here in the SF Bay Area.

The leaves exhibit the patterns as shown here in this blog by Ghanzafar. I don't have a close up of the leaf pattern, but if that is what is needed, then I'll do that when I have the time. :)

That said, if anyone buys these crypts from me and determines that they are, in fact *not* nurii, I'd be more than happy to offer a refund.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
That doesn't look like Cryptocoryne nurii. That looks like a wendtii variant. Can you positively ID this? Perhaps your source?
Yes even normal C. nurii 'pahang' (the common one going around) should have pink/red veins. Other C. nurii varieties are rare and command much more cash.

The part of the leaf that connects to the petiole also resembles a C. wendtii.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK. The crypts are off the table. Can't be selling stuff I can't positively ID.

Bump for the Philippine Java Fern though. :)

Cardinal and Gatekeeper, do you guys have links for me to references for C. nurii? I'd be more than happy to look deeper into it.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Rich, were these the C. nurii from the GB that I had awhile back or from another source?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Philippine Java Fern A, B, D, and E all sold. Tons of baby plantlets from clump C still available. Price reduction to $0.75 each or 3 for $2.

Also, after much research, I have determined that I don't have C. nurii, but is in fact C. wendtii (much thanks to Gatekeeper and Cardinal Tetra for their input). The wendtii is $1 per plant. :0)

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
This thread has automatically been closed by the forum. All sales threads are closed automatically after 31 days by the forum software as per our Swap N Shop rules unless you are a Power Seller. If you have any concerns you can contact the forum staff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.