The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lots of Blue Pearl shrimp if anyone is interested. My asking price is $2 a piece with a minimum purchase of 10 shrimp. I'll include 3 extras for each set of 10 in case of DOAs but that's unlikely to happen and you'll just end up with more shrimp. Check out my feedback on shrimp.

Here is a picture of a random female because we all like pictures.

My shrimp are legitimately blue and I'm not going to send you strange brown, snowball, or whatever other colors that may appear in low quality colonies others are selling. I've been ruthlessly culling this colony since I started it up over 2 years ago.

I also have 5 + 1 extra red claw shrimp for $20.

These are juveniles and are about the size of an adult blue pearl shrimp. They're hardy and can be kept with other shrimp and fish with no problems. I'm growing them with blue pearls, tigers, nerites, and assorted small fish. These are also very effective snail killers so I guess you shouldn't keep them with your prized snails (they're ok with nerites)!

Here's a picture of their father. He's about 4 inches long.

Shipping will be $11 for a flat rate medium sized box.

I'll use kordon breather bags and include some plants for them to cling onto during the journey. If there are DOAs then you'll have to provide a picture of the dead shrimp (not counting extras) in the unopened bag within 3 hours of delivery to get a partial refund (not including shipping). The shrimp also have to be delivered within 3 days to qualify for DOA refunds and I can't be held responsible for any messups and delays by USPS. These are particularly hardy though and I hardly ever hear about any single DOA.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I probably won't have any for a few months. They're just starting to breed again. I still feel pretty bad for you that all your shrimp mysterious and suddenly died :( Did you ever figure out what went wrong?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I probably won't have any for a few months. They're just starting to breed again. I still feel pretty bad for you that all your shrimp mysterious and suddenly died :( Did you ever figure out what went wrong?
i'm going to take parameters on my two tanks and see whats different. I wanted to give the tank some time to settle down after the deaths to check. I'm not sure i'll find out why though... i use the same water and ferts on both tanks. The only thing i can think of is too much co2. I've got a single RCS in my 55 and i'm thinking of putting him in the death tank if the params are the same, i'll cut back on the co2 as well.

i'd love to try again with your blue's... but i can't swallow another purchase right now :/ i'd be happy to pay shipping though ;)

would love tigers for the main tank however, and a few months would be good timing.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Are the blue pearls hardy enough for a new tank high in ammonia and are they good to fight alga?

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ammonia is a no no with most animals we keep ;)

They will scavenge and such but they won't solve an algae outbreak...but then again most things won't. You'll have to figure out what's causing the algae and fix that.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hoping you'll have more of the red claws next month. I'm living off my parents like you with hardly any extra cash cuz of college :( But should be able to buy some next month if you still have!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Gosh - I'd sure love some of those blues ... but 10 is WAYYYY too many of a little 2 gallon I'd think!

Anyone in my area wanna go halvies on this? IO can pay for it entirely and like arrange a place for you to pick up and you could pay your half then.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I should have more red claws next month. There's a batch of invisibly small babies hiding in the vegetation and they should be large enough by then. Yeah I know how you feel. I'm done with 4 years but going on for another 4 and my parents aren't paying so I'll have to pay off the equivalent of a house that I'll never have...

10 isn't too many for a tank that size. I have hundreds in my 20 gallon long and would probably have thousands if I send any away. They hardly produce any waste and keep the tank nice and free of debris.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Ammonia is a no no with most animals we keep ;)

They will scavenge and such but they won't solve an algae outbreak...but then again most things won't. You'll have to figure out what's causing the algae and fix that.
Oh ok thanks. No its just that I have a new tank and that always causes new algae

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.