The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not giving up the hobby! I'm moving out of state, and will be living in temporary housing for at least six months. So I've decided to let my fish tanks go and start completely new when I get settled in a new house.

The only thing I am selling is a huge piece of Mopani driftwood that is covered in Anubias barteri var. 'nana'. It's over two feet long, and has one section that is approx 1'x1'. Here are some pictures of the wood, but they aren't recent...

http://images12.fotki.com/v239/photos/7/730934/2988921/20030330GCA55g-vi.jpg
http://images21.fotki.com/v578/photos/7/730934/2988921/IMG_4058-vi.jpg
http://images21.fotki.com/v578/photos/7/730934/2988921/IMG_4063-vi.jpg

I'll take a recent photo, as the anubias growth has changed in the low light conditions they've been in for the past 2 years.
I'm looking to get $100 for the piece.
Obviously, due to the size and weight, it would probably be easiest if someone local wanted it. Otherwise, I am willing to ship it. I will cover it in absorbent paper towels and then wrap it tightly in a large trash bag to keep it waterlogged. I imagine shipping would be no less than $20, but probably not more than $40.

If you take the driftwood, you can also have an entire tankful of Anubias barteri var. nana, a bunch of Java Fern (narrowleaf and regular) and crypts that also have done well in the low light. There are enough plants to outfit an entire 55g tank. I'll take pictures of what I've got, tomorrow.

I also need to get rid of my fish. If I can't find someone local to come pick these up by the end of the month, the local fish store (that I despise) is going to get an early Christmas present.
I have the following:
- 1 large adult male Sunset Gold Angelfish (6 years old, 3.5" body)
- 4 3" Siamese Algae Eaters
- 1 3" Bristlenose Pleco
- 1 3" Clown Loach
- 5 3" Tri-Color Sharks
- 1 2" Chocolate Albino Pleco
- assorted otocinculus, Harlequin Rasbora and Swordtails, if you want them

Come and take what you'd like - Free to PT members.

Email me at [email protected] for more details or to arrange to pick these up!

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, in truth, I needed to get rid of these WEEKS ago, but I am a slacker! Always putting stuff off to the last minute and now I have to scramble to find someone who'll take these fish.

Thanks for the encouragement! I will be back. Bigger, and better than ever. Just a small matter of building a house between now and then!

·
Got wood???
1,094 Posts
Holy Cow that is a nice piece. Something like that goes for over $300.00 from numerous net sources.

If you can't sell it together, PM me if you decide to sell the plants separate from the driftwood anubias on it. I am interested in the other nana you have. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure, man. I'll let you know. I really hate to part with this piece. But I'd end up having to dry it out and put it in storage and start all over in 6+ months. All of that Anubias is so firmly rooted in the wood, it'd take years to get back where I am.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will. :icon_smil It looks awesome in the tank, though I still have a bit of disrupting to do. Thought I'd give the fish a little break first. Hoping to get to it in a couple of days.

Thanks again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.