The Planted Tank Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edits made in red (11.1.09)

As the title say, I am giving up the life of a planted tank for a plantless central american setup due to outrageous costs of keeping a planted tank healthy. So my loss is your gain. Here is how I'm going to sell them:
- 3 stems Vallisneria: $5
- All Vallisneria (I think at least 15 stems): $20
- Java ferns (between 1"-5"): $2.50 each

- Java ferns (between 5"-10"): $5 each

- All of my java ferns (I think at least 50 leaves, but i can count if you email me): $40

- 5 stems Pygmy chain swords: $5
- All of my Pygmy chain swords (I think at least 20 individual plants): $18
- Java Moss balls(slightly smaller than golfball sized): FREE WITH ANY PURCHASE
- River rocks (pre-washed. Will NOT raise pH): $3 per handful of stones (approx. 10-20 individual stones)

- SPECIAL: I also have my own special concoction of 70% Red and Onyx flourite mix with the other 30% pea gravel. Now before you pass this offer, please read the description at the bottom where I will go in depth about why this is the best substrate for a planted tank: $1.30 per pound.


All orders will be shipped through USPS priority mail flat rate boxes depending upon how much you buy - minimum purchase must be of at least $7. All payments must be made through Paypal. All orders shipped on Fridays or Saturdays and will be complimented with a shipping code. Contact information: please email me at [email protected] rather than PMing me or leaving a post on this wall (be sure to include plantedtank.net in the title/subject line of your email so I won't throw it in the trash bin)

***SPECIAL FLOURITE: This is my own concoction that I used with my own planted tank and it ended up working out great. Definitely the best substrate I have ever used for plants as it combines the nutrient rich clay-based Seachem flourite with the stabilizing and aeration characteristics of regular old peagravel. I know at first it may sound stupid mixing these two together, but in my experience, when I only had flourite as my substrate, I experienced very little root growth along and whenever I had to replant or move any of my plants or decorations, the flourite would create a huge cloud of dust, making it impossible to see through to the back of the tank (only 15"). In addition,the since flourite comes in varying sizes from dust size to pebble sized, once it compacted, it prevents root growth and water flow through the substrate layer, just as silica sand does. So after I got fed up, I decided to mix in about 30% more peagravel and the results were amazing. I saw intense root growth, greener, lusher plants, and whenever I moved a plant, the peagravel seemed to prevent those plumes of flourite dust from erupting out and clouding the tank. So all in all, I think that I have found the perfect substrate for planted tanks, but due to money becoming tighter along with the upcoming holiday season, I was hoping I could share my concoction with my fellow plantedtank.net members at more that 50% off the cost it would take for yourself to go buy two bags of flourite and a bag of peagravel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently took them out of my tank, but here: this is what they looked like before while in the tank:

they're the ones on the bottom in case you didn't know, the ones that look like grass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually really want to get rid of these, so now the minimum buy must be at least $7, and I always include a few extra plants as freebies for the first few customers and the first customers always get the cream of the crop. =) So act fast!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,533 Posts
This thread has automatically been closed by the forum. All sales threads are closed automatically after 31 days by the forum software as per our Swap N Shop rules unless you are a Power Seller. If you have any concerns you can contact the forum staff.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top