The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have several Albino bristlenose pleco's available. Their 1.5" in size, $3.50/each, 12+/$3/each. awesome golden coloration! Beautiful strain as can see:

Shipping priority is only $9(no-gurantee), for express(gurantee) simply pm me ur zip. Have shipped bunch of these guys before via priority mail, they do pretty well with priority mail.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I thought that males have the "bristles", whereas the female don't. I have a (regular) BN pleco and it's only about 2" long and has "bristles", so I assume it's a male.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea males can tell earlier, but females you dont want to try and sex at 2" as you can get late bloomers or subdominant males who won't develop until the dominant male is gone.

But yea your right bristles=male nonbristles=female. Some say that small bristles develop on females, but ive never seen that fact to hold true.

Glad to hear it Robert! gotta love plecos

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have a male that's the daddy of the baby BN that I have that only has a few bristles, while my other male has a lot. I guess the girl BN that I have prefer the more clean look :hihi:

Or maybe an age thing too, the one with more bristles (and kidless) is younger :hihi:

Tina

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad you ask!
I had never seen two males fight before, always gotten along until one time last winter. Was first time i ever seen it happen. i had introduced a new adult male into my breeding pair of lf abn's. the male lf abn breeder was not pleased with this and almost immediatly began fighting.

So i say if they grow up together their fine. But introducing new female/male to a breeding pair or colony can pose for problems.

Here's a video from the event i took quick before removing the new male:
http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/MalawianPro/?action=view&current=PlecoFight.flv

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Umm, sorry about misunderstanding, when you had pm'd me $30 was shipping quote which is what could sworn had asked me for. Then $3.50/each fish would like. And was not $45 not sure where you got that number from was total for 3 fish being $40.50

Math:
3x$3.50/each=$10.50
Shipping $30
Total: $40.50

It's ok though, i will refund you. I usually toss in extra goodies for my customers :hihi:

Who knows maybe these people will get a lf abn in the box as a extra goodie :bounce:

Edit* Refund has been complete*

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.