The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rehoming 3 swamp darters, each about 1.5". They are healthy and eating frozen bloodworm and spirulina brine shrimp. Very interesting fish but prefer cooler temp, which is why I'm giving them away.

$2 each, local pickup in Bayside, Queens.

·
Registered
562 Posts
They do look nice and healthy. I wish I could take them. They don't get much bigger than that, is that right? I think my goldfish would try to eat them, especially when she gets bigger. Or they would eat my shrimp.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They only get to 1.5-2". Yes, goldfish would eat these darters. I doubt they will eat your shrimp though.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I did some more reading and realized that neither of my tanks have lids. Oy. I might be able to kludge together cover for my goldfish tank. She's only about 3.5", so it would be a while before size became an issue. Of course, that is the tank least able to handle more bioload ...

I'm trying to get the shrimp to breed, so probably the babies would end up eaten. Not ideal, although it might work for later when the goldfish gets bigger and the shrimp population is bigger ...

Still tempted. They are really cute. Are you going to the invert event on Wednesday?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts