The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just when I thought I had my green algae handled, i looked closely and there were thousands of little spots growing ALL.over the acrylic. This stuff is hard to scrub. So i grabbed my algae scrubber and got after it. I have trumpet snails, mostly tiny babies. Well I normally knock them all off before I use the scrubber, but im sure you can guess this time I missed one and he found himself in between my scrubber and the tank wall. I noticed after it was too late. He of course was smashed, but much worse, is the fact that his shell caused 3 enormous, deep, noticeable scrapes right on the front of the tank. Makes me want a new tank.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suppose so, but I honestly don't have the time to tear down the whole tank, put everything in temporary holding to buff out the scratches. That is a full day project. It doesnt look like I'll have that kind of time in the forseeable future. I'll learn to live with it I guess. Something similar happened to my 10 gallon, only instead of a snail it was a piece of gravel. I just turned the tank around and now that scratch is on the back. Can't do that with the 75 because of the way it is shaped (curved front corners, flat back, attatched top with filter holes only on the back).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts