The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm writing because it seems my rams won't eat anything. They are active, are displaying and flaring gills at one another, but all but one doesn't seem to eat anything. They simply chew on the food and spit it right back out whether its frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, or flakes. one of them is even beginning to waste away (its actually the most aggressive one).

I have cardinals, emperors, and diamond tetras in my tank along with a discus...i was thinking of dosing with metradozinole or clout since i see white feces from the fish. I was wondering if metradozinole or clout will be harmful to my tetras and my discus.

by the way, i have a heavily planted 60 gallon with two HOB filters, temp at 84 and ph at 7.2. I have pressurized CO2 and i dose with liquid ferts. I do 50% water changes weekly.

someone please help. thanks.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Definitely sounds like internal parasite. Metro is a good choice and your fish should tolerate it very well.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have a male southern mouth brooder. He doesn't like flake food that much and spits it out if he's not starving. To supplement, I toss in some baby endlers here and there for him. He likes live food.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts