The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased frozen cyclops cubes probably a year ago, with the intention of feeding it to my endlers. They would swallow the defrosted cyclops and then spit them out immediately.

Now, I have peacock gudgeons and a SAE, and they do the same thing. No one cares for these things.

I was so excited when I saw them in the store, and now I know why they're so rare. I'll be sticking to frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms for sure.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
What's that? Is it a food or an additive like garlic drops?

My fish eat voraciously. I just have never had a fish that would eat frozen cyclops.

its actually a small pellet but its formulated for annoying fish that don't normally eat.... I had some morish idols take that before frozen...

New Life Spectrum

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
how old is the frozen package?
I've noticed that with any frozen food, if it's too old or frozen and refrozen the innards of that creatures break out of the exoskeleton. Nothing is left except the shell. The fish would bite into it and spit it out. All the goodies are gone. Try live daphnia or cyclops. They're pretty easy to raise.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Saltwater fish love the stuff. As do my dario dario and those tiny little fish I got from Pedro..sticklebacks? A tiny bit of Cyclop-eeze goes a long way. I have never seen it available in cubes though. It is usually sold in a red foil sleeve, as a brick. I just shave off a tiny bit. You might want to consider defrosting your frozen food with a bit of tank water before feeding. Maybe the food is still frozen when it hits the water?

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
All my fish go nutty for it. Tetras, Cories, P. weitzmani, plecos, Rams, Amanos... it did take the Rams some time to recognize it as food since it's so much smaller than what I usually feed them, but now they'll chase the floating pieces all over the tank.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Keep trying. It was the first food I fed to my chocolate gouramis to get them to start eating. It took them a couple of days before the began to actually swallow.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Saltwater fish love the stuff. As do my dario dario and those tiny little fish I got from Pedro..sticklebacks? A tiny bit of Cyclop-eeze goes a long way. I have never seen it available in cubes though. It is usually sold in a red foil sleeve, as a brick. I just shave off a tiny bit. You might want to consider defrosting your frozen food with a bit of tank water before feeding. Maybe the food is still frozen when it hits the water?
There are cubed brands of "cyclops", which I *think* are different than Cyclop-eeze as these are brown versus the insane bright red of the Cyclop-eeze.

I use the brown cyclops. MUCH cheaper too, a pack of cubes used to cost me $4

·
Registered
203 Posts
I feed my fry frozen cyclops as well as freeze-dried Cyclop-Eeze. They appear to like both. I normally feed my adult fish frozen brine shrimp, bloodworms and daphnia depending on the species of fish I am feeding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.