The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
If they'll eat them, I don't know why not. What kind of baby shrimp are you trying to feed? If it's not some uncommon variety or a species with a larval form that requires special care, you usually don't have to do anything to get the babies fed. They'll happily feed on whatever they come upon in the tank, same as the adults.

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Not a good idea, baby shrimp don't eat large things like cyclops. They eat small microorganisms.

Also, if you overfeed frozen foods, it will foul water.

Adult shrimp like frozen meaty foods though... I feed mine brine shrimp, bloodworms and daphnia

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Not a good idea, baby shrimp don't eat large things like cyclops. They eat small microorganisms.

Adult shrimp like frozen meaty foods though... I feed mine brine shrimp, bloodworms and daphnia
I feed my dwarf frogs frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms, so I usually save a squirt every week or so and squirt it into my shrimp tanks just for a treat. Not a regular meal though.

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

these are really really small! I put like a dropper os so in the tank every other week. they are cherries and crystals

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.