The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys buy frozen bloodworms/brine shrimp locally? If possibly, Hikari brand specifically? Dr. Fosters&Smith wants to charge me like 24 bucks for frozen shipping.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I just get them from my local stores.. virtually every LFS I've been to stocks Hikari (and I've been to a lot), with Petland Discounts being the exception. It can be easy to miss that white fridge sometimes though.

·
Registered
553 Posts
not sure if you are still looking for them anymore, but I just bought some hikari bloodworm and hikari brine shrimp at Win for $6 in total. He has a freezer full of the frozen foods.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Star Aquarium on Mulberry St. in Chinatown has the hikari cubed frozen bloodworms for $3.00 flat, been getting the samething for 4 bucks from Pacific on Delancy for years.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got the SF Bay bloodworms for my tank. Big mistake. They are so big and tough that my fish can't eat them. They're like those giant sausages where the casing is so hard to bite through...

Hakari is such a better product.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hikari is blood red in color and fresh whole worm looking, SF bay brand is brown/transparent and a bit more chopped up. My fish chose Hikari.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is new to me but probably not for some of you but Win sells the Hikari Frozen Bloodworms 16oz. flat pack for $9. Its the best price I've seen for this in a brick & mortar store.
I live in Brooklyn and have been looking for a place to buy the 16oz flat packs.

What is Win, is it a nickname for a local store?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.