The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting a thread for my 55 gallon dirted and soon to be planted tank! I had a good time with African cichlids but the constant fighting and aggression has made me convert to plants and community fish.

Tank: Standard 55 Gallon
Lighting: Diamond Plate 4' Fixture from HD
Substrate: MGOPM capped with Black Sand
Plants: ... coming soon
Fish: ... coming soon
CO2: Maybe a DIY

Mbuna tank before tear down:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is after a 50% water change, the tannins are still pretty strong. Added 8 silvertip tetras and some plants which I don't know all of the names of.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the tank has been progressing and plants are growing, but I am having 1 major problem. Air bubbles in the substrate keeping bringing up dirt and making a mess. I thought I had got rid of them all, but they just keep showing up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont know but the dw doesn't fit in. Its just too straight. Besides that and the round rock, everything else looks good.
I have been thinking the same thing about the driftwood but it is too much work to change it now xD and the round rock is just to grow out some moss :)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Check out the Cabomba plant, that's what I have in the back right of mine and what yours might be.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I have been thinking the same thing about the driftwood but it is too much work to change it now xD and the round rock is just to grow out some moss :)
Hopefully when the plants cover majority of the dw it will look better :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts