The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had 10 small (3 leaf) Amazon Frogbit plants floating in my tank for about 1 month. Initially they seemed to be doing well. Their roots were starting to get longer and sprout hair-like other roots. They were a deep green color. Now, however, they seem to be having a hard time. Some of the leaves have fallen off and died. Others are still attached to the main plant, but have turned a clearish/brownish color. Nothing has changed in the tank, as far as I know. I added some ferts 2 weeks ago, but in another thread I was advised that I dont really have to do that at this point. The only thing that has changed is that I added a 5" x 5" chunk of Riccia about 2 weeks ago. Its also floating right now, until I do my official tank re-make. Could the Riccia be somehow robbing the Frogbit of nutrients? At the same time that I added the Frogbit I also added a large amount of Java Moss, and the 2 seemed to co-exist fine. Could there be some other cause for this? By the way, I have a 75g tank with 10 small Tetras, 4 Mollies, 10 Amano shrimp, and 5 Nerite snails.
Most importantly, what can I do to save the Frogbit? I REALLY like the plant and was hoping to grow a nice, big, health bunch.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea? Should I start a regular dosing schedual? I read that the lights may also be a factor. I have stock 64w (2 x 32w) lights. I plant on getting T5 HO lights soon. What do you think?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts