The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking on greg watson web page at diferent frets. he has a micro fret for sale and he has a micro and macro mix for sale. i know that micro frets need tobe added to the tank ever 1-2 days but not sure about macro frets. so should i just get the micro mix or the micro/macro mix.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
First take a look here:

I personally like to control how much macros I'm putting in my tank, so I get individuals (N, P, K).
Dosing is usually micros & macros on alternating days, excpet after a major waterchange.

Sun. WC dose both micro, and macro
Mon. Macro
Tues. Micro
Weds Macro
Thrus Micro
Fri Macro
Sat - sit back with beverage of choice, and enjoy.

HTH
Walter

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
D&E, I totally thought this post was about guitar frets.

Anywho, I would suggest getting the ferts separate, like tazcrash suggests.
Some people, me included, don't add micros on water change days, so it would be beneficial to have them separate.

·
Registered
69 Posts
D&E Aquatics said:
i was looking on greg watson web page at diferent frets. he has a micro fret for sale and he has a micro and macro mix for sale. i know that micro frets need tobe added to the tank ever 1-2 days but not sure about macro frets. so should i just get the micro mix or the micro/macro mix.
You do not want the PMDD Pre-Mix ... almost all of us are are better off dosing our micro nutrients and macro nutrients separately ...

Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts