The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Freshwater Shrimp Panel - Tuesday November 10th, FREE!!

The Greater Seattle Aquarium Society is presenting a "Shrimp Panel" by three of our members discussing the set-up, keeping, and breeding of Freshwater Shrimp such as Cherry Red, Crystal Red, Tiger, Bee, etc.

This coming Tuesday night (11/10) at 7:30 pm at Seattle Pacific University, Miller Science Learning Center (3RD Ave W and W Nickerson Street) near the ship canal on the north side of Queen Ann Hill to be followed by a short auction of aquarium plants, fish, and maybe shrimp!
(No plants off the "do not sell" list)

Open to the public, no entrance fee, Family friendly
Free parking in SPU lots or on street
Go to gsas.org for more information and directions

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I'm going to be bringing several stems of Hygrophila 'angustifolia' and some flame moss for the mini-auction. My fingers are crossed that someone (Roy?) might have a few stems of Trident java fern. ;)

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Connerdude27,
Glad you are going to make it!

Hi Digsy,
I did thin out my 'Trident' quite a bit in the last month or so, but there will probably be a portion or two at the auction. Glad you re-joined, look forward to seeing you there.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm going to do my best to be there... hoping Robby will let me off an hour early so I can get up there in time :)

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Bump"; Tomorrow night is the meeting!

Hi AlexW,

Hope you have the opportunity to make it tomorrow.

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hi Rob,

Good to hear from you! Just an FYI, we video most of the presentations and make them available to members via BitTorrent. That way if a member misses a meeting, or wants to review information that was presented, it is available. I was thinking about you a couple of weeks ago, did you get rid of the BGA issue you were dealing with several months ago?

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi brohawk,

Visitors and guests are certainly welcome! After a couple of visits we hope you will join however and help us support and promote the hobby locally. Hope to see you there!

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
Hi Roy,

Yes, the BGA is all gone, thanks for the help! I do have some long hair algae now, (the filamentous type), but it seems easier to control. Last week I set up a new tank, for shrimp only. Here's to hoping that the BGA leaves this one alone! :)

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Rob,

Glad to here the BGA issue is behind you, it can be a pain. When I get the hair algae it is usually the result of too much light (either too long, too bright, or both). If I cut back on the light, and dose Excel (Glut) at 2X daily dose, I can usually clear it up in a couple of weeks.

Let me know when it has cycled and I will keep an eye out for shrimp, what species/types are you thinking about keeping?

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Last "Bump", meeting is at 7:30 tonight, hope you can be there!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts