The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen planted tanks in which co2 bubbles go from right to left like a river current. What kind of filters do this?

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=18746&pictureid=74202

I have a whisper 20i and 10i in my tank which all they seem to do is make swirling vortexes, idk if you can see them in that picture but they are in back on left and right. Maybe if I put the filters on the sides with one closer to the front and one closer to the back they might make more current instead of a vortex? Any and all insight welcome and the lower the budget the better DIY works too.. Thanks

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
People commonly get filters one size up from the recommended size for the tank.
When using canister filters they often use a spray bar/w them.
What you said is often used/w a HOB filter.
Do you have any regular light for that tank ? I doubt you will have much success
with the light shown in the picture.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
desk lamp

People commonly get filters one size up from the recommended size for the tank.
When using canister filters they often use a spray bar/w them.
What you said is often used/w a HOB filter.
Do you have any regular light for that tank ? I doubt you will have much success
with the light shown in the picture.
desk lamp 3 watt pure white 120 lumens , waiting for my taxes to upgrade... I can grow my Anubias like no tomorrow but that was growing great with just the 6 glofish blue leds lol but my downoi is struggling.

Bump: I can stick my hand under the white light and feel the heat from it, the lamp itself has no heat however and the downoi under the lamp is doing ok, could be better though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts