The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you feed your inverts? I have a 1 gal with 2 adult ramshorns and some babies, of course, and 5 ghost shrimp. It has a few plants that have been in there for almost 1 month now and lots of poo, not for lack of vacuuming with an airline. (How do such tiny animals produce so much poo??)
How often should I be feeding them? I've been dropping in goldfish pellets and/or algae wafer crumbs every 2-3 days and they are always devoured. Does this seem like too much?

I should mention that I do have a filter on the tank -Azoo Palm- and it gets weekly water changes (working on finding what % works well).

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have literally seen one ghost shrimp rip another in half and devour it in a matter of minutes. Creepy!

You should start a journal and post pictures of yours :)
Eww. That is creepy! lol

Mine is such a mess that I'm too embarrassed to post it right now. I've got a huge (well, small but huge for this tank) piece of driftwood in there that's kind of a weird "L" shape. There's a bunch of rubber bands and hairnets holding down plants. And I'm using it to try to grow out some floating plants and anacharis that I found.
I'll probably start posting pics once the plants grow in a little more. They're actually growing much more quickly than in my 20 g.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.