The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
In Fremont the only shop I frequent is Family Pets (40645 Fremont Boulevard Suite 20, Fremont, CA 94538, (510) 979-1468). They don't carry much plants but they carry a decent variety of fish.

Albany Aquarium is ground-zero for aquarium plants in the bay area. If you're willing to travel across the bay to San Francisco, then you absolutely need to visit Aqua Forest for the whole ADA experience.

Then for an adventure check out Ocean Aquarium. It's a little hole-in-the-wall store, whose entrance is in a small alley about 3/4 mile away from Aqua Forest. They have a lot of oddball fish and a lot of plants, too. Just watch your step. :)

You can check out our club web site's reference page for addresses...

http://sfbaaps.org/ref.html#fish

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'll check those places out. I think I did get two fish at Family Pets (is it next to a barbecue place? And is THAT any good?). I was impressed with how healthy their fish looked, though they did break out with some major ich when I got them home. No biggie--goldfish are easy to de-ich.

Anyhoo, guess I'll check out the club. Sounds kinda...social though!

·
planted tank sickness
799 Posts
Anyhoo, guess I'll check out the club. Sounds kinda...social though!
hahahaa.a..a.a.... a lone wolf are you??? its not too chatty, except about plants...no one is dating that I know of.... and bills OH's always draw a large crowd! meets are definitely a nice change of pace to my normal saturday or sunday afternoon routine (drinking, yeah!).

always lots of plants to go around, and usually so many left over a big bag just goes into someones trash at the end of the meets....

hope you make it.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Mori I hope you make it next time. Bills OH was a blast. If you made it, Great! There were so many people that I have been chatting with on the forum for two three years that I lost track. Great group of folks.

The best part is listening to the "correct" pronunciation of some of the Latin plant names.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.