The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made 500 mL batches of PPS-pro macro and micro solutions. Turns out, this is too much for my needs right now. I should've made 250 mL batches. Can portions of the solutions be frozen, and thawed and used later?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Yes, you could freeze the solutions, but you could also just store them in tightly sealed bottles. Only the trace element mix would be affected by age, if you get fungus growing in it. But, as Tom Barr pointed out a few days ago, you can add a few ml of Excel to that mix and stop any fungal growth.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hadn't read that post regarding adding the excel. I will add that to the mix for sure. It makes sense. Would you consider capped soda and/or juice bottles to be tightly sealed?
I can easily transfer to a bottle such as that.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I hadn't read that post regarding adding the excel. I will add that to the mix for sure. It makes sense. Would you consider capped soda and/or juice bottles to be tightly sealed?
I can easily transfer to a bottle such as that.
We are able to use carbonated beverage bottles to make DIY bubble counters, and they are leak tight, so yes I would consider those bottles to be tightly sealed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.