The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 3 portions of micro sword to the first to respond, each batch will be 4-6 runners with several nodes. Shipping is $7 first class in a box.

The Micro Sword, sometimes called Copragrass, is a great plant for beginners and seasoned aquarium keepers alike. An attractive bottom covering plant with long light green grass-like leaves, it will spread out in thick carpet of grass. The Micro Sword will make an excellent spawning medium, as well as a great foreground plant. This species is amphibious, and will thrive either partially or fully submersed.

The Micro Sword can be housed in water from 70°-83°F, with a neutral pH. This species appreciates a soft substrate that is rich in fertilizer. Provide the plant with moderate lighting of 2 watts per gallon or more, in the color temperature of 5000 to 7000 Kelvin.

The Micro Sword propagates from the many runners that will branch off the root area. It grows exceptionally fast, and will quickly cover the bottom of the tank.

The pictures show an example of the actual plants for sale. You will get an amount a little bigger than what is seen in the picture. and the other picture shows how it grows in low light and no c02 in my shrimp tank. With more light and c02 it will clump up more and grow pretty fast creating a carpet.

Plants will be packed in a ziplock and shipped in a box to prevent them form being crushed. I have seen plants shipped in ziplocks in envelopes and they just get smashed.

Make sure your delivery weather is temperature safe and that you will be home for arrival. Plants can die in transit from extreme temperature changes.

photo-16.jpg

photo-15.jpg

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I'm reading some mixed stuff on this plant. I really want to try it, but afraid it might not make it in my tank. I have pea size gravel, no CO2, and dose ferts on occassion. My plants do really well in there. The light is a 6500k, but less than a watt per gallon. I grow easy plants, but they do thrive.

So is this easy to grow. or am I out of my league with this?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it would probably do OK, I have some in a gravel tank with no ferts, co2 or much light and it grows ok but slow, it will grow faster with more light and ferts but should do ok in your tank.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Last question. I'm in NJ. Do you think they will survive the trip? If you think they'll survive the trip and my tank setup, shoot me a pm with your Paypal an I'll send payment. Thanks for the info and your patience!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts