The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this for someone else. They are giving away a free Pacu, all you have to do is go and pick it up!

If you have the space, and would like to give this guy a good home, PM me and I will send you the information!

This baby is already 15 inches in length! And we all already know how large they grow. So if your able to take care of the guy, please step up!

Pick up only! No shipping! Free!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, but don't have a tank big enough...Has he contacted LFS? There is a huge one in Carrolton called Dallas North Aquarium...they only deal with fish...they may take him for a display tank...or the Dallas Aquarium it's self.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
put him down. Horrible fish for the pet trade. I hate them. I bet 99.5% of the pacu's that stay alive are brought back to petshops.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the replies. No, this pacu will not be released into the wild. He is sitting somewhat comfortably in a 300 gallon pond. However we both know that it will soon outgrow that as well.

Suzie - I do not know if they were contacted yet. I do know that several local aquariums were contacted and they said they just did not want any more. I will pass that one on to the person. Thanks for the information.

Ryzilla - I agree they are bad for the fish trade. They are tank busters. However, there are some people out there that truly love this species. We also have a post over at monsterfishkeepers.com in hopes that some of those monster people will take him. Sadly, no takers yet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
May I suggest....

:icon_twis

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I wonder what pacu tastes like. I really hate those fish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.