The Planted Tank Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Nyxkitten...moss is yours.

I just received a PM that the winner is no longer interested. And with that, this will be the last RAOK I'll ever do since it has become such a hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
congrats!

Hedge - don't give up on raoks! I know they can be pains, but there are lots of people who appreciate them!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Congrats NYX!!

Sorry to hear your frustration hedge, i share your pain :mad: I'm currently running one on the third drawn winner and still no claim! And i wont even get into my x-mas RAOK back in December lol

I to have become very furstrated with the claiming system, as it is a huge hassle anymore. However i know there are plenty of people out there who really appreciate and actively pay attention to these things. I recently tested out a different approach and i loved it. Was over fast, no hassle, and had a little fun doing it :D

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=587993

Check out my most recent thread. I think that is how i will be doing my RAOK's from now on. Not trying to pursuade you one way or another, but as a person who has recieved many random acts of kindness through the people on here and has been opened up to plants and such that i may not have otherwise tried and/or gotten, i think this is a great alternative to giving back rather than the horrific claiming system :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Us newbies really like the roaks, I just haven't won one yet. I try to thank all the people who posted roaks that I do participate in even when I don't win them. Sorry you guys have been so frustrated with them involving newer planters, I am sure I'm not the only one who appreciates them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thanks all. Nyxkitten, I am glad you jumped on the offer and took this moss. Maybe I won't give up on the RAOKs fully per se but I will just do them the way I normally did it...no numbers and no guessing. Just give it to the first person that posts since they'll be online at that point and can paypal asap. Believe it or not, back in the day all RAOKs were like this and there were no numbers picking.

I think people need to understand what actually goes into a RAOK before they participate and then back out when they win or never respond altogether ....I'll give a run down just in case to vent my frustrations :)

1. I need to take pics and host them on photo bucket
2. Make a thread here
3. Choose a winner a few hours/days later
4. Package up the plants
5. Print a shipping label
6. Drive to the postal office
7. Send you a PM notifying you that package has been sent
8. Leave you feedback

This is all done for a complete stranger. I could have thrown the moss in my fireplace and called it a day saving a decent amount of my free time. Ok now I'm done venting :)

There are tons of people here still doing RAOKS which is amazing and it's something that makes this forum great. I actually received a raok just last week with floating plants so this was my pay it forward. I think all you guys/gals that do RAOKs continuously are a huge asset to the forum. I just wish that the people that participate actually understand the binding contract they are getting into (I see people backing out and not responding in every other RAOK thread here).

21 - 29 of 29 Posts