The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've started this tank because I needed a place to put the clippings from my 120.

Substrate is Soil Master Select - black
AC 300 HOB
Lighting is 2- 36" T12 and 1- Coralife CF on top of tank
No C02 - need a regulator
Dosing - EI and adding Flourish

I'm really into the Dutch style and will try to get this tank up to standards. I've read that this type of aquascaping should be done in a 90 or larger, but my bigger tanks have big fish that destroy plants.

Before I took the picture, I had just trimmed and removed some of the plants. It was a jungle. I'm beginning to like the jungle look. I'm good at it.;)
Aquascaping is difficult to learn if you don't have an inate sense for it. But I'll keep trying.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Msjinkzd - There are a few crypts around the cyperus helferi (big tall green grassy plant) and there is a fern type plant in the back of the black hole.

The only other plants will be foreground, but they'll need higher light and C02.

Thanks peptj!

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Any plans for critters? You have so much flexibility with a 40 breeder! I would absolutely add some amano shrimp, should it tickle your fancy. Also, some really tight schoolers for the top 1/3 and maybe a cool bottom dweller (sids or y. cruciatus are my two current favorites). man oh man, the possibilites! Hope you get the co2, that tank will be banging in no time!!

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.