The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Mag Drive 7 pump with fractioning impeller, I plan to put in my sump then connect it to my reactor, then return to the sump, right by my primary return pump. I was also going to get a carbon doser EXT 5000 reactor, put wondering if I need to since I will be using this pump instead? Should I just DIY and make a reactor? The one I was looking at is 20" and it costs a fair amount, so price is not a concern between the DIY and the EXT 5000. I noticed the EXT5000 also has place to connect the CO2.

What do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I use this same pump on my tank and I just run it into a DIY reactor (bubble collector) that I made using a whole house filter. You can pick up a house filter for a fraction of the cost of the carbon doser. Check out bulk reef supply as they have several different sizes to choose from if you want something bigger than what you can get at a home improvement store.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use this same pump on my tank and I just run it into a DIY reactor (bubble collector) that I made using a whole house filter. You can pick up a house filter for a fraction of the cost of the carbon doser. Check out bulk reef supply as they have several different sizes to choose from if you want something bigger than what you can get at a home improvement store.
Thanks for the info. Do you think the
20“ Reverse Osmosis Canister with ¾” Ports. This RO canister holds standard 20 x 2.5” cartridges and filters, would work, or is it not wide enough?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.