The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
Ugg....I bought one size too big from ShrimpLab....I think mine is 14mm and I have two brand new...

I'm in Issaquah if you can make a 14mm work for you...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ugg....I bought one size too big from ShrimpLab....I think mine is 14mm and I have two brand new...

I'm in Issaquah if you can make a 14mm work for you...
That's a shame that they're 14mm. I'm really hoping to find the smallest one because I don't want to try and rig them so that they stay on my glass pipes. I would imagine that a good tight fit is important on these, I have a hard enough time keeping the sponge filters over them! :)

Thanks but I am specifically looking for the ones that The Shrimp Lab sells because of the tight rubber fitting at the top. I have even seen some on Aquabid but I don't think they look as nice.

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
I have been looking to find one to fit on the intake of my fx5 with no luck. Im thinking about trying to make my own.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
There is a seller in Asia on Ebay (probably the exact same ones but it takes several weeks to get them) and also someone that makes their own on Aquabid.
the ebay ones are also pretty diy looking as well..

i suggest you buy the biggest size you can and make it fit your tube...

the "proper" sized ones typically clog up incredibly fast for me..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Have a new 14mm prefilter from the shrimp lab. Too small for any of my filters. PM me if interested with your shipping info and I can get you a shipping price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts