The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. I moved into a new house a couple months ago, and recently discovered that there is a new frisbee golf course less than a mile away. Score. Since that is another one of my hobbies, I decided to brave the 108 degree heat for a couple hours and go play 18 holes in the mid day sun. While I was on the course, I couldn't help but notice in the stream that wound its way through the park, there were these plants growing in and out of the water. I only saw this particular species actually growing in the water, but most of the leaves and stems were above the surface...definitely rooted in the water though. Is it aquatic? And should I try to add it to my tanks? It looks pretty nice. The leaves are very shiney and tough looking. Sorry for the poor cell phone pics, but there was tons of this stuff, and just as many local live bearers swimming amongst the roots. Any idea on what it might be??

**Forgot to add. If you look in the second picture, it had some yellow flowers blooming...if that helps. Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.