The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunatley my camera is horrible and these are the best close-ups I could get:

The only fish in the tank are Black neon tetras, SAEs, and Ottos. Which of these are these eggs most likely to be and how can I help them hatch?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know... I've seen snail eggs plenty of times in my tank and they are always much more "flat". And my snail population has been on a steady decline also. I suppose they could be, but i thought different because these don't look like the snail eggs i've seen before in the tank.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Trust me and epicfish. I've been wrong about many things in this hobby, but those are snail eggs.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
snails are one of the only aquarium inhabitants that lay eggs in a gelatinous mass. they are snails.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Dose machalite green to prevent fungus. My Dad's goldfish lay eggs all the time. Machalite green prevents them from fungus-ing up.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
i think it's methylin blue, malachite green kills ich, and most snail, shrimp, and other inverts, and smooth skin fish, tetra, morymids, and catfish. it's serious stuff, i wouldn't be suprised if it kills the eggs.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I used malachite green although methylene blue. 1/10th of what it tells you do for ich. It works for me.

People recommend either malachite green or methylene blue. I had Nox-Ich and used that.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Malachite green is toxic and causes cancer.
Methylene blue is basically just a dye but it has certain properties like blocking fungus from forming.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
...what isn't toxic and doesn't cause cancer?

At many places you go to here, you see that these chemicals are "known to the State to cause cancer, birth defects or reproductive harm".

·
Registered
256 Posts

At many places you go to here, you see that these chemicals are "known to the State to cause cancer, birth defects or reproductive harm".
Yes but most of them say "Known to cause cancer in the state of California" which means they only become carcinogenic once they cross the state border :hihi:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
yep! A fart too smelly can cause cancer according to the state of cali!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

I guess you are safe if you don't live in California :hihi:

EDIT: Woops.. beaten to the bad joke by Chrona.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts