The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Platinum Green Tiger Barbs.

I had never heard of these or seen these before. What a great looking fish. I love my tiger barbs. Heres a picture of one this is not mine. I picked up a couple to add to my Tiger Barb collection.

·
Registered
113 Posts
cool hopefully they find a way to breed out that :angryfire personality heehee :icon_bigg
Haha, agreed! My friend's tank broke when we were in middle school, and I let him put his barbs in my tank, they shredded my gups... :(

But anyways...
That is a really nice looking fish! I like it! Never seen those before..

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool hopefully they find a way to breed out that :angryfire personality heehee :icon_bigg
I actually love the personality they are so much fun to watch. I had problems at first adding other species of fish to the tank. Someone had suggested adding a couple tiger barbs in when I do. I also feed them heavily with bloodworms and it does the trick. I think I have something like 20 barbs in there right now and they dont bother anyone cept each other.

·
Registered
567 Posts
That's a neat color mutation, really pretty. I like the regular green tiger barbs a lot, but I've never seen these before.
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I spotted these today at the LFS, and I remembered this thread. The fish I saw were labeled 'platinum barbs', but I believe they were the same as the one you've photographed. It would be interesting to hear if their behavior or other characteristics differ from your tiger barbs.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wow, I haven't seen these before either. I have a large school in my 55g asian tank. I love them and their antics. If I can find some of these, I would up my school for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts