The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was meaning to put this picture into the AGA presentation but totally forgot about it. Here's a shot of a baby red cherry shrimp; size is about 2mm. Sex is undetermined but looking at the colors at such an early stage in development, I would say that it's a female. :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Wow! What an incredible shot! That must be one hell of a macro lens. Did you shoot it in the tank?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Amazing pic! Looks out of water. Just outstanding quality! I want that camera + lens! :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
lol its not in the tank , its out of the water.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i swear thats blown glass :icon_mrgr

if you can make a lowly cherry look like that, man i need you to take some glamour shots of me.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. :)

Nope, that's out of the water. It about 3x reproduction size and to get enough light on it, I had to use 2 sets of flashes to illuminate it. There's also a 3rd light that it's actually sitting on top of to get the background to come out.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. Not exactly hovering in midair, but close. There's an opaque piece of plastic underneath the shrimp and it's actually resting in a small pool of water. The shooting session lasted 2-3 minutes and the shrimp was returned back to its tank right afterwards. The shrimp was unharm for the shoot. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts