The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my RO on last night and forgot about it I had about 30+ gallons of water soak into my carpet. I have been washing and drying towels all day and rotating them. I also ran a box-fan and a dehumidifier. I also used my wet/dry vac. Some of my sheet rock even got wet. I used an anti mildew and fungus spray on the carpet and wet wall and studs too. It has been a really long day.:redface:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
That's alot of water. A week ago, I spilled 5 gallon of RO water as well, It siphoned out and luckily my house is ceramic tiles or else I would of been mad! I had to used 6 X large bath towels to soak it all up then spray some febreze so it doesn't smell.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
if you continue to have issues with dampness bc water got into the wall you could invest in a bag of those moisture absorbing silicate gel things you find in new electronics and clothes and stuff. i saw a 50lb bag at home depot a while back

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
You should have seen my mothers face when I spilled 20g....

RO's are indeed a good investment. I am sad I sold mine now.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
i just recently moved a 40b from my apt to my mothers house and while i was hooking one of the canisters back up i forgot to put the output double tap back together. it took me a good 3-5 mins to figure out why there was nothing coming out of the spray bar. totally soaked a huge area of carpet in back of my tank that i could barely reach.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I left my RO on last night and forgot about it I had about 30+ gallons of water soak into my carpet. I have been washing and drying towels all day and rotating them. I also ran a box-fan and a dehumidifier. I also used my wet/dry vac. Some of my sheet rock even got wet. I used an anti mildew and fungus spray on the carpet and wet wall and studs too. It has been a really long day.:redface:
Here's the answer; my RO runs every day: no problem! ;)

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/diy/162633-automatic-water-change-system-di-ro.html#post1692376

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You MUST pull your carpet up and replace the pad underneath or you WILL have mold issues.
I am watching it right now. We might be moving in about a year so we where planning on replacing the carpet anyway since it is old. I have been putting down an anti mold and mildew powder and grinding it into the carpet as well as running fans and dehumidifiers. I am hoping that I can get it dry enough so it does not form any mold. but if it does we are going to re-carpet any.

·
Registered
621 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts