The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I'm currently setting up an Evolve2, and I'm wondering what sort of carpeting (or at least foreground) plants would be suitable. On-hand I have DHG and Marsilea minuta. The Marsilea grows fairly well in my Spec V, topping out at around ~1", and the DHG in that tank hasn't really grown but rather has stunted to about 0.5" and simply hasn't spread at all.

Other than whatever carpeting/foreground plant, I will be going with Anubias nana and Anubias nana petite.

·
Registered
194 Posts
what type of lighting are you using? the evolve2 is way low light, also since the tank is smallish you can go with nice moss carpet... just my 2cents.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can go with any lighting I need to. I have more than one light for the Evolve if I can jerry-rig them together. Alternatively, I could get a third-party light. Can also shine a normal CFL onto it from a crane-neck lamp.

I'm curious about putting moss into this tank, but my other tank has java moss and it just grows scraggly and terrible.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I am running a 13 watt Daylight CFL in a desk lamp above my TopFin 2.5 gallon cube with pretty good results. I have the bulb about 11" above the substrate. Seachem NPK, Iron, Flourish/Excel dosing.

HC is growing horizontally and glosso is sending out side-shoots above the substrate.

I am also growing anubias nana on driftwood. I got some diatom algae on the leaves initially but I tossed a couple of bubble bee nerites in that took care of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts