The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i bought this plant from a LFS - it was sold to me in bunches like so:

They told me when i bought it that it needs to be planted by each individual stem. i of course ignored them, :iamwithstand planted it in smaller bunches. it has been doing OKAY-ISH (not super happy and slowly getting worse) so today i removed it all and salvaged what looked healthiest (about half ) and replanted it stem by stem (PITA!) this took over an hour to separate it and plant it :( so im hoping it will be happier now. im looking for it to carpet out. so my main questions: what is this? glosso? what are my chances of carpeting?

shrimpy loving it:

thx guys for your input! as always, yall rock

·
Registered
931 Posts
yep, its definitely glosso. glosso tends to grow tall unless you have CO2 in the water. I've actually always wanted to see it as a midground or background plant, just to see what itd be like.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have DIY co2 @ 2-3 bps, seems to keep the rotalia indica and italian val happy, lets hope... if it starts to get tall, will trimming from the top help it tend to grow out instead of up?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
It is definitley glosso. And it's all in the light, higher light will make it form a carpet or so I was told. I used to have it and it did the same thing, it took a while for it to start forming a carpet but I got rid of it, because it was a PITA for me :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts