The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I am about to do a massive foreground covering and was wondering what you guys think would look good, be of average difficulty for a kind of newbie. Been battling some BBA and spot algae occasionally in mild outbreaks. Thanks for the input everyone

Thinking either http://www.shop.plantedaquariumscen...OIDES-beautiful-foreground-plant-glosso01.htmglossostigma elatinoides, dwarf baby tears or hair grass.

55 g, 2wpg, 6700 k and 10,000k at 10 hrs per day
EI dosing and eco complete
Wet/dry sump set up
Injected co2 3-4 bubbles per second
Good flow

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They look good, great suggestion. Are they difficult to find though? Seems like only tom barr has them lol. How are they in maintenance vs other foreground plants? Seems like their compact leaf by leaf structure might be messy as they grow higher.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
No, there is loads of Stauro around. Everybody who bought it has had good luck growing it! I have, have a 12x8" patch from 5 small plants at the moment - don't make me count the tips. If the color and texture seem right try it. It has fragile stems and floats up easily when first planted and breaks if you are too rough during water changes but as it is a larger plant it isn't too much trouble to deal with. I just bury it up to the top 4-6 leaves using forceps and it stays put and grows fine.

My fish adore hairgrass for some reason. Corys prefer to spawn there. I hate when they nap upside down in it, they look dead. It can get BBA on the tips and catch moss and it will spread where you don't want it to spread. I never know how tall it will grow either. It was about 7" tall, when I rescaped it only grew 4" tall and at the moment it is about 4" tall of varying heights. It is hard to get out of other plantings and a pain to plant properly in tiny tufts. I think regular dwarf HG would be taller than what you need.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Optix, its my first every fish tank! No joke. Thanks for the ideas everyone. Thinking of going a triangular pattern of glosso in the middle with staurogyne repens on the outsides a couple taller plants and anubias. Any suggestions on where to find some or a website?! Thanks all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.