The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one. , I'm new to this forum and this is my 1st thread, please could some one give me advice on what's the best kind of plant to use as a foreground carpet and the most effective way of doing so! Thanks

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Agreed, different plants will do better in different types of tank setups. Give us a little more info about yours and we should be able to give you better recommendations.

Welcome to TPT! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Hagen glo t5 2x 24 watt giesemann midday and aqua flora , I have 40 cm tetra complete plant substrate with medium pea size gravel on top , I Dose daily with seacheam flourish excell , and fortnightly with king brittish plant as it states me 2 :)

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
What type of look do you want to go for?

"Grassy" options would include Lilaeopsis, dwarf Eleocharis, and/or Helanthium (formerly Echinodorus tenellus) species.

"Leafy" would includ Staurogyne, Marselia, Glosso...

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Welcome to the forum Samjpikey, depends on your lighting, substrate, and dosing. Staurogyne repens is one of my favorite forground plants.

I wish the Staurogyne repens are more commonly available though...:) Couple of UK vendors are selling them. I haven't seen any being sold by US vendors, other than from members here. Supplies are still few...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have smallish size pea gravel in my aquarium about 2 inches thick on top of tetra complete plant substrate also 2 inches thick, could i get a plant to carpet the foreground or do i need finer subtrate like sand ??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.