The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got in my ZooMed 501 filter, and I realized I hadn't ordered the hangers. Where did you get yours?

·
Collectoritis Patient
2,322 Posts
I bought mine at the LFS at the same time I got the canister. I wouldn't use this canister on a tank larger than 10 gallons. It works well, but the flow is very slow.

·
Banned
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
517 Posts
no prob! lemme know how it works, i was thinkin of using this for my turtle tank cause they're just tiny babies and dont like a strong current

·
Banned
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have returned from an evening of checking out a few stores locally. I checked PetSmart, PetCo, and 2 LPSs and not one place had the hanger. I looked at the link provided, but ain't no way I'm paying nearly $8 for a $4 item. I looked at the other items in the link, but didn't find anything I was interested in. I may have to DIY something. Bah.

·
Banned
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The filter is working fine. I haven't used it long enough to say that I'd recommend it. I'd need at least a month, but so far, so good. It was quick and easy to set up, it basically disappears in the tank, it's quiet, and I was able to stuff alot of filter media into it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts