The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What food are you guys serving ?

We're going with swedish meatballs (family recipe) fried chicken, and homemade strawberry cheesecake for the sweet tooth. I'm almost looking forward to the food more than the game.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Raising Cane's chicken strips, boiled crawfish and crabs, shrimp alfredo,and the usual party extras! Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
We are having a chili cookoff between some of the family members. There will also be chicken wings and beer, plenty of beer.

·
Banned
582 Posts
boiled crawfish and crabs, shrimp alfredo

YOU SIR ARE THE DEVIL!!!!!!! :angryfire Please PM me your address, and I'll immediately purchase a plane ticket. :angel: j/k
I miss Louisianna! I had to catch the drool after reading your post, Anthony.:tongue:

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
I'll be at a big community center party watching the game.
they'll be wine & beer, but they will probably just serve pasta,
salads and junk food to help keep the admission fee affordable.
I"m not really into spectator sports,
so it's just a lame excuse to socialize.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hawaii friends? I heard meat jun doesnt exist outside of Hawaii.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I'm making beef curry, Mirin chicken, steamed rice, coleslaw and macaroni salad. Friends are bringing Korean beef jun, possibly spring rolls, and desert.
That sounds good Bill can you share the recipe for the chicken?

I have no other plans but to watch with my family at the house. The usual sammich and beer.

Go Bears!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hi

We will be having -

My home made burn you a new one hot wings,home made Chile, salsa and chips,Meat balls and a few other things.

Playing a game to called taking a shot for every penalty flag thrown weather it counts or not.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
My Amish Friendship Bread timing was perfect, so I'm making a few loaves to share with friends. I guarantee they will have a huge spread. I'm visiting a house where no matter why you're there and what the occasion is, there is always a ridiculous amount of food and it's "no big deal! You hungry? Sit down!".

·
Registered
14 Posts
i'm having the indianapolis colts for my meal.:icon_evil yummy..:hihi:burp. GO BEARS!!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Jen,
Did the Florida board of elections do the vote tallying on that one?
I am a rams fan so it hurts me to say it but GO BEARS!!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I thought now would be a good time to share this... (best viewed in IE)
ESPN.com Poll Results by State

:hihi:
Thanks Jen.

Fun part about the whole thing is I've lived in both states in my youth. Colts were not in Indiana yet but that matters little now.

Found my fondness and better understanding of ball sports while in the burbs of Chicago. So I'm biased. :) We moved from Illinois before the last super bowl win and I enjoyed beating up on the 49ers fans, and vise versa.

This reminds me of the '89 World Series having both bay area teams represent the pinnacle of the sport.

Usually fun for all. I can't imagine what my old neighbors are having for their parties. Wish I was back there for the festivities...

Be safe y'all and make it back home in one piece.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
sukebe said:
Hawaii friends? I heard meat jun doesnt exist outside of Hawaii.
Only the friend bringing the jun is from Hawaii (ianiwane). I didn't even know what he was talking about when he offered to bring it. So he sent me a link about it. I started laughing when I found out it was basically a beef cutlet with a Korean dipping sauce. :icon_lol:

That sounds good Bill can you share the recipe for the chicken?
Mirin Chicken is like a Japanese version of honey-bbq wings--although I'll be making it with chicken breast pieces to make it easier to eat in front of the TV :). This recipe I found using a Google search, but then I found my Mom's old recipe card and saw that they were identical in their ingredient lists...

Ingredients:
3 lb. chicken pieces
Seasoned flour for coating chicken
Oil for deep frying

Sauce:
2/3 cups shoyu (soy sauce
1/3 cup Mirin (Japanese rice wine)
1/2 cup sugar

*Cayenne Pepper can be added to taste for a spicier sauce

Method
Combine sauce ingredients and cook, bringing to a rolling boil for approx. 5 minutes.
Set aside and cool.
Coat chicken pieces with flour and deep fry.
Coat fried chicken in sauce and serve.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Did the Florida board of elections do the vote tallying on that one?
:hihi: We'll see! Chicago is a great city, and if it comes down to it, the Colts couldn't lose to a better team. What I'm hoping for is a good close game with no injuries on either side and some high quality funny commercials and good food. If that's what happens tomorrow, I won't be disappointed at all!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Only the friend bringing the jun is from Hawaii (ianiwane). I didn't even know what he was talking about when he offered to bring it. So he sent me a link about it. I started laughing when I found out it was basically a beef cutlet with a Korean dipping sauce. :icon_lol:
Haha, come on its a little different from beef cutlet. Its flower then egg, not egg then flower. And of course the meat is marinated in korean BBQ sauce.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
JenThePlantGeek: Amish friendship bread is fantastic. Good choice !

Being a Bears fan, it was a sad day Friday: Brett Favre announced he's coming out of retirement :angryfire !

·
Banned
418 Posts
My bro owns a bar so I usually have a lot of bread in the morning the help hold down the beer. A few of us bet on "Keg Pours" where we each lay on the bar and see how long we can let the beer pour and keep track of our best times. It's not as hard as a beer bong, but after 30 seconds you really have to fight to keep going!!

Go Colts!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts