The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
haha is this it?

(,, Yang Shumin Taipei 27th) the Council of Association, from September 30 to October 3, will be held at the Taipei World Trade Center Exhibition Hall 3, "2011 Taiwan International ornamental fish exhibition", unless there are 10 featured Aquarium Pavilion, there is NT $ worth of chocolate shrimp shrimp and blue velvet. Agriculture's Fisheries Department said the ornamental fish industry of high added-value, high technology and low resource-dependent industries, Taiwan water and land resources are limited, but has an excellent climate, geographical position and technical superiority, so the ornamental fish into the "exquisite agricultural health excellence programme" focus on the development of industry. Department of fisheries statistics, at present Taiwan a steady supply of domestic and overseas markets more than 400 types of freshwater fish species of marine ornamental fishes over 30, and of good quality, discus fish, Crystal shrimp and water plants Award-World Champion Award. Ornamental fish exports currently worth about US $ 100 million, ornamental fish and peripheral equipment output from $ 2 billion in 97 of, growing to $ 3.16 billion in 99; ornamental fish output of 480 million dollars from 97 of them, growing to $ 1.13 billion in 99. Fisheries Department for promoting within, and export market, since on September 30 to on October 3 will in Taipei World ITC exhibition 3 Museum held "2011 Taiwan International ornamental fish Expo", except has 10 a characteristics Aquarium of National Museum, and Taiwan Aquarium enterprise image Museum, and held global bonus highest of international colorful immortal fish competition, and aquarium equipment creative design contest, and Aquatics modeling cylinder, and Peacock fish and the Crystal shrimp, competition, another has momentum pounds Bo of the founding of the Centennial hundred feet Memorial cylinder. There are two new breeding shrimp will participate this year, price can be thousands of dollars. Ornamental aquarium in Pingtung County Executive Supervisor of the production Association said Li Jitai, chocolate shrimp after 6 years of research and development into camp breeder through the collecting bees all such as shrimps, tiger shrimp caridina, and mountains up to an elevation of 2,280 meters, collecting Taiwan native shrimp species, collected a large number of genes, and after establishing full gene pool, formed by hybridization, gene and purification. Another price thousands of blue velvet shrimp, he says, is transparent shrimp shells renders beautiful Turkey blue was glazed shrimp and a member of the family, breeding is not difficult, but breeding on their own after multiple generations, color changes, so the opportunity is breeding and cured color. He said that although the two new shrimp price to tens of dollars, but not previously published for ornamental fish prices up to more than 200,000, 300,000 yuan higher, but small profits but quick turnover, today has not carried out, it had received Singapore orders, order a $ 3,000 chocolate shrimp, opportunities instead of common. 1,000,927. /

·
Registered
952 Posts
We'll see if that holds up! I was surprised when I saw yalls prices on them! They are very nice and look a lot like king kongs and black tigers. Wishing I had ordered some now >_< lol

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
Dayum! I take that back ;) Those are some sick lookin' shrimpies! I want some! Too bad as a [nearly] broke teenager I can't afford them... Although I did make 91 dollars in 24 hours yesterday selling PFRs :hihi: ballin'! Someday I'm gonna steal yo title of "shrimp pimp". Man I really need to get some sleep LOL

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
Here's my take on it. It is only worth $300.00 if someone pays $300.00 for them. The American market is completely different than the Asian market. IMO the $20-$30 per is the upper limit for Neos in the US. Since they are Neos and have been offered to the public already. The $300.00 probably won't hold for a long time.

I love mine regardless of their worth. I'll just give them a bit more TLC now. They look like black tigers without the black legs. I have a problem that is reversed of normal...it appears that I have 10 females...I'm still trying to identify a male....10 females doesn't do me any good.

Hey Liam...I need a breeding stud. He'll have his pick of 10 lovely looking ladies.:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's what I say, you wont be able to buy them for 30 dollars a piece, or probably at all until next year. Because even though the american market is full of cheap people (me included), that doesn't stop the asian market from sucking up every available shrimp. So everyone who got them, consider yourselves blessed, lol. Even though you wont be able to sell them for 300 a piece, you have something that a lot of people are drooling over. If this shrimp convention in Taiwan happened a week earlier, things would be a little different :p

·
Registered
785 Posts
I hope you are right, i got some from Nikki:)

Is it the same as this from GC shop?
http://www.gcshop-sg.com/product_view.php?pid=2313&pg=0&cata=20&cate=116&scate=&lo=&bid=-1&gid=0&cid=-1&stxt=&nipp=40&stm=-1

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.