The Planted Tank Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like such an easy concept. I'm stunned at the difficulty people have posting in the right section.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I've noticed a lot of confusion lately and wondered if it's just laziness.

Reactions: Doogy262

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I mean, it shows it as a pinned thread - for one - and another is the little description. I vote for laziness.

·
Registered
372 Posts
This is not to subtract from your probably very correct assumptions but just to add that there may be other reasons.

I recently had a post moved and it was due to neither. I rarely frequent the sales threads and I totally forgot that there as a RAOK/WTB section.

I'd also like to add that it appears as if the "For Sale" thread has more activity than the RAOK/WTB thread and persons noticing this may risk posting incorrectly in the hopes of being seen by more possible "request fillers".

·
Registered
699 Posts
Since were beefing how about when someone enters a raok wins than doesn't respond for four days,a lot of people have stopped doing them altogether because of this and that is sad...

I've always required a response in 12 hours of "winning" a ROAK, otherwise I will pick a new winner. Also, please do not stop doing them, your ROAK is still the reason I have such great plants.

·
Super Moderator
14,973 Posts
gt_turbo: You're right about that. I'd consider all of those other incidents to fall into the 1% category instead of the 99% laziness.

When I said laziness, it's not an insult on all. But I really mean it. Moving dozens of posts a day, the moderation team is able to pick up on patterns and figure out what's going on. It's always clear when something other than laziness is involved.

Kubla: Click the exclamation point in a little red triangle. No one else will be able to see that you've reported something. It's supremely useful for alerting the moderation team to problems.

As far as RAOKs go, do what I've always done: Give things away to the person who responds & fully handles a transaction (I just mean shipping costs - unless I'm covering that) first. It's not as fun but it's still a good thing. Sometimes I've had people submit photos just to prove they aren't going to flip items for a profit but that's about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.