The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shutting a few tanks down to go bigger.

Aqueon Evolve 4 with the built in filter, cover, LED light. $40
Can throw in 4 pieces of salt and pepper stones that I got from pacific.

Pick up or can meet you pretty much anywhere between Long Island City to Forest Hills.

Picture to follow tonight if needed.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
going bigger huh ;) oh dear. arowanas and oscars any time soon?

No Oscars, don't like them. I wouldn't mind another arowana, but paying between $3,000-$4,000 for a 4" fish that I can't pick, can't do it anymore. Not to say I don't trust them, but would like to be a little picky at that price level.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Of no one takes it I'll take it. I just need to figure what to say to the gf since I told her that 2 was my max tank lol.

·
Registered
684 Posts
No Oscars, don't like them. I wouldn't mind another arowana, but paying between $3,000-$4,000 for a 4" fish that I can't pick, can't do it anymore. Not to say I don't trust them, but would like to be a little picky at that price level.
hell if your paying that much, you might as well have the right to pick your own

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
people do this all the time with shrimps and fish. you definitely get culls when others pick for ya... dont be disillusioned that everyone's your bro in business ;)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
people do this all the time with shrimps and fish. you definitely get culls when others pick for ya... dont be disillusioned that everyone's your bro in business ;)

It may not be a cull...

Basically there's a guy who is overseas and will pick a certain type of arowana for you. So..it's like " look I went through all this trouble and risk getting caught to get you this fish and now you don't want it?" And it's so strict, they only bring one at a time.

It was much better many years ago when they were able to come over with at least 5 and then choose from a batch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts