The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I found myself staring at my yellow neo / CRS tank today. I turned the heater all the way down last week. Since then I've had an explosion of breeding. I have 3 berried CRS and there's tiny baby yellows everywhere. Okay now my question. It's a 20 gallon tank and I literally have a 5 gallon tank worth of subwassertang and a 5 gallon tank worth of java moss. I also have 3 big pieces of cholla wood in there. There are so many hiding places I can never see all the shrimp.
I've had the yellows for over a year and never seen what I saw. I have a shrimp about 1/2 inch long that is all white. Is this a throwback from the CRS genes? I couldn't get a picture. By the time I got my camera it moved on. I don't like to stir up everything in the tank to try and find it with all the berried shrimp in there.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's in my basement and I live in buffalo, ny. It's 20 degrees out right now. Only my upstairs tanks can go with out heaters. I'm really excited and can't wait for it to get bigger.

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
Yup, scared here, too, to thin the crops of moss and floaters in fear of losing that perfect-not-yet-discovered-ultra-cool - weird-shrimp-cross baby. So the greens grow, taking up most of the space in most of my tanks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
943 Posts
Yeah luckily I live in NC, so dont use heaters either. Never have trusted the damn things when it comes to inverts. I might trust an inline heater.

And yeah more then likely a CRS genetic variation. It could either be very high grade or if they were ever mixed with goldens it could be that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.