The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm undecided on which tank get with $300. I've always wanted a bigger tank and I can get a 75 gallon, wooden stand, and a few acc. for $300 OR......

Right now I got a 30 breeder with a wooden stand. From my calculations the ADA rimless 90-P tank should sit right on my stand, perfect.

With the 75 I can get bigger fish like discus and/or more schooling fish which I like. Draw back is I'll need more Aquasoil and AS=$$$ also. With the ADA tank draw back is price, that's a lot for just a tank but yes it is amazing. I think the best part of rimless tank is filling water all the way up, and you can see the water level line plus it is a very clean look.

So what do you guys think? Yes it will be a planted tank.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$300 is not my budget but just comparing. Keep in mind that I already have the stand if I do get the ADA 90-P. Also I got my lights ready to go.

Yeah for sure I'm not getting a 55, just dam too narrow to scape anything.

·
Premium Member
2,026 Posts
Remember, ADA tanks are actually a little smaller then the american standards. Make sure your cm calculations are right on. For example, my 120H would not fit on my 48" stand;)

jB

·
Registered
247 Posts
the 90-P on there site is 35.4"/17.7"/17.7". when i was at petco earlier to get my 75 gallon i saw that they had a 40 gallon breeder that was the same dims as the 75 gallon but 3' not 4'.

if it were me and i was just starting out on planted tanks i would go with the 40 gallon breeder its not space consuming and its wide.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
the 90-P on there site is 35.4"/17.7"/17.7". when i was at petco earlier to get my 75 gallon i saw that they had a 40 gallon breeder that was the same dims as the 75 gallon but 3' not 4'.

if it were me and i was just starting out on planted tanks i would go with the 40 gallon breeder its not space consuming and its wide.
40B's are perfect size for a first scape.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a 30 breeder, the only difference with the 40 breeder is hieght. The rim on these short tank is really annoying me lately. I'm leaning towards a 75 with top, light, and stand but rimless tank are so nice. I gotta see one in person though to really know, all the LFS here don't have one on display at all either.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Custom 36"x24"x18"
1/2" Starphire glass, rimless
Black silicone
External overflow

That might break the $300 budget, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts