The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've finally got up the nerve to let someone else see what I'm doing. My artistic side, if it still exists, has atrophied, as you will well see. I'm impressed with gadgetry, and I let myself accumulate some hardware, engaged in a few diy projects. But I never really got around to the dosing. That has hindered my success with plants. Well, I finally took the plunge about a month ago.

As far as I'm concerned, I love the way bba looks on hardscape, so don't laugh if you never see it disappear from the rock.

The tank has functioned as a nightlight with some platties and neon tetras along with an angel for about three years. Now, the platties and neons contribute fertilizer. I also picked up some SAEs, some corydoras, and a betta.

Please feel free to give some guidance. I am a bit up in the air as to what will come next. My goal is to gain experience with a variety of plants before I commit to setting up the 90 gal waiting in my basement... bwaaahahahaha :D

Here goes nothin'

The whole plantlet thing on the Java Fern caught me by surprise. I love it!!!

Couldn't quite get the betta in focus... here's the best I could come up with

Here's the flora:

Alternanthera reineckii
Cabomba aquatica
Echinodorus amazonicus (retired)
Echinodorus kleiner bar
Hemianthus callitrichoides
Hemianthus micranthemoides
Micromeria brownei
Microsorum pteropus
Myriophyllum aquaticum

You'll see the hardware in my sig.

Thanks for taking a look.

Regards,
Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.